Samsung Watch to Google Fit
If you own a Samsung Watch, you can connect your device to GoVida to earn points from your steps. To do this, you must own a Samsung Watch and have the Google Fit, Samsung Health, Health Sync and GoVida apps downloaded on your device.
If you require some assistance with creating a Google Fit account and linking it to GoVida, please click the link here. As mentioned, you will also need the Samsung Health app on your device so here is a link to it. Finally, we have provided you a link to install the Health Sync app too.
To sync your Samsung Watch to Google Fit you can use the Health Sync app. This allows you to use Samsung Health for tracking your fitness activities and steps from your Samsung Watch. It can then sync all your data over to Google Fit. Finally, the data can be sent between GoVida and Google Fit as per the configuration set up initially.
How to set up the connection
In order to connect your Samsung Watch to Google Fit, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open the Health Sync app and press “OK” to “First Usage Actions” and “Sync Direction”
- Select “Samsung Health” as the base sync source (Fig 1)
- Then, select “Google Fit” as the sync destination, and tap “OK” (Fig 2)
- On the “Initialization Actions” screen, tap “Check Google Fit Connection”
- On the Google login screen – select the email account you use with Google Fit
- Press “Activity Information Permission” to give Health Sync access to your activity
- Tap “Allow” on the permission popup
- Next, you have to alter a few settings in Google Fit, so it won’t interfere with the fitness syncing. Tap “Check Activity Tracking in Google Fit”
- A message will appear, instructing you to disable “Track Your Activities” in Google Fit. Tap “OK” to open the Google Fit app
- The Google Fit app will launch. Tap “Profile” in the bottom toolbar
- Press the Gear icon at the top right to open “Settings” (Fig 3)
- Scroll down and make sure “Track Your Activities” is disabled. This will ensure Google Fit won’t interfere with Samsung Health’s tracking (Fig 4)
- Leave the Google Fit app and open the Health Sync app once again. Tap “OK” in the “Initialization Finished” popup
- Next, select the fitness data you want to sync between the services. Some of these will require additional permissions (Fig 5)
- Lastly, you can go to “Settings” to adjust things like sync frequency and battery optimization. To do so, just tap the Three-dot icon at the top right (Fig 6)
- Then, press “Settings”
- All done!